Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Regarding the Petition
Kyle672
User

Jan 2016
Hey it's Kyle672. As MOST of you know, there's a petition going around regarding the membership ranks on this server. Now, I personally don't know if there's another post about this but I'm pretty sure there's not an actual thread about it. Could be wrong. Anyway, I'd just like to address this to those who haven't seen it, meaning staff and Brodie. Again, I could be wrong. Maybe you guys already know. But I'd just like to put out a formal statement saying that the petition now has 28 signatures. I looked at the Member List on here and counted a little over 30 people registered to this server. 28 signatures is literally 75% or more of the original fan base this server has had, meaning those who have stayed with this server for months or even years. The fact that this many people signed a petition over this clearly shows there's a problem the community is having. And it's the memberships. I feel i shouldn't have to repeat the issues people have with the ranks but to sum it up, people bought the ranks with saved up money they've gotten over time. Lots of the players of minecraft don't have jobs and have to rely on either parents or saved up allowance. These people paid $100 for a rank to stay with them as long as the server lasts. In a sense, I understand why it's not given back because the server got a fresh start. But in another sense, these people paid $100 for a great rank. They don't want to spend another $60 for a rank that's not even equivalent to what $100 got them. Personally I feel that monthly memberships are NOT the way to go but i see why it's most likely here. It's because Brodie can't rely on people paying a high price, but once, to pay for the server. He needs monthly to know that people still want the server to be up. And I don't blame him. One last note about this would be that technically if like 5 players or less payed monthly for LAB 2.0, it could survive as just a server. Brodie could easily just keep the server alive based off of this philosophy but it'll be pretty sad if only 5 people are keeping the server alive. 

In the end, I feel that this should AT MOST be put into consideration by all of the staff and Brodie. Like I said, for all I know it could of already been discussed but I feel that at this stage, if 75% of the community feels something should be changed, something should be changed. Because I honestly feel that if this server stays the way it is, it won't stay alive for a long time because people won't want to pay for ranks that are worse than what they already paid for.

Link to the petition:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/donat...ranks4ever

Update: Just heard Brodie has already saw and thought about this petition, which I didn't know. Like I've mentioned early in this, I see why it's monthly and it does make sense from an owner standpoint to keep the server alive. But i feel there should be a middle ground. Such as adding more abilities in the highest rank. A big problem everyone has is the residence sizes being minuscule compared to what it was before. If a middle ground was reached between both of these issues, I feel this server could potentially be a great place like it once was before.
Michielfx
User

Dec 2015
I agree that there should be a middle ground in form of a discount or whatever, and that the perks should be improved. 3-4 people paying 5$ per month would be plenty to keep this server up without a loss for Brodie, but with these perks probably no one would buy it, unless they have hundreds to spend...
[Staff] ISHx4xPresident
Staff

Dec 2015
The only middle ground that would make any financial sense would be to have a single payment for something like premium and subscription to ultimate. But, regardless of what payment methods that are made available, there will be complaints. 

Also, I would like to make it very clear that this petition is not of the LiveandBuild network and will not be taken into consideration. Please direct any concerns or complaints through this forum. We would love to hear them and are happy to help resolve any issue that may arise as quickly as we can.

Thank you all for your support and dedication to the server!
[Admin]ISHx4xPresident
Kyle672
User

Jan 2016
(01-06-2016, 01:09 PM)ISHx4xPresident Wrote: The only middle ground that would make any financial sense would be to have a single payment for something like premium and subscription to ultimate. But, regardless of what payment methods that are made available, there will be complaints. 

Also, I would like to make it very clear that this petition is not of the LiveandBuild network and will not be taken into consideration. Please direct any concerns or complaints through this forum. We would love to hear them and are happy to help resolve any issue that may arise as quickly as we can.

Thank you all for your support and dedication to the server!

I agree, not everyone can be satisfied by however you make memberships purchasable. The reason no one complained in LAB 1.0 was because the prices were fair for what you were given. Maybe a middle ground for paying a monthly price can be to have more perks out of the membership, such as more residences and/or more land to claim per residence.

And regarding the petition, I see it that it was made on a petition website so people could easily sign it to show they support it. I feel that if you were to now make a poll on this subject, it'd become an annoyance as it's being brought up over and over.

Final word here would be that I did express the summed up version of what the petition is about and so you can take that as a concern or complaint through this forum. Regardless that the petition isn't a part of the LAB network, it still speaks for 85% of the server and should still be noticed.
[Staff] ISHx4xPresident
Staff

Dec 2015
85% is a HUGE exaggeration. I'd say 85% of our player base is closer to the number of the people who haven't even realized the server is running again out of all who were even played semi-regularly. There was a LOT. I've seen the numbers personally

To make a long point short... It is what it is. If you want the services that are available, they are there for the prices Brodie has set. If not, you are all more than welcome to play without paid ranks as much as you like. All packages and their prices may change. No one knows but him.
[Admin]ISHx4xPresident
Kyle672
User

Jan 2016
(01-06-2016, 04:08 PM)ISHx4xPresident Wrote: 85% is a HUGE exaggeration. I'd say 85% of our player base is closer to the number of the people who haven't even realized the server is running again out of all who were even played semi-regularly. There was a LOT. I've seen the numbers personally

To make a long point short... It is what it is. If you want the services that are available, they are there for the prices Brodie has set. If not, you are all more than welcome to play without paid ranks as much as you like. All packages and their prices may change. No one knows but him.

I'm just saying 85% because there's about 32 people registered to the Liveandbuild network. Out of them, 28 people signed the petition. That's where I'm saying about 80-85%. But yes, I do realize there's more people that play on the server who haven't joined the website.

And yes, in the end it is what it is. Just felt I'd make the post to try and stand up for the opinions of those who had agreed to the petition. We'll just wait and see what happens and if no change is to be made, it is what it is.

Overall, just felt I'd be the one to address this and try and get a response out of it. I thank you for not only telling me, but the 30 other players that see this how it's seen from a higher up position.
Myran
User

Feb 2016
I payed for a lifetime rank, I wont pay again for another **** rank. If you dont want to host the server without making profit send all the files to someone who doesnt care if he makes money or not and let him host the server...
Unknown2k
User

Feb 2016
Give Brodie a break.

Avoiding a loss is nearly impossible, you have to host a server for the love of the game, not adhering to a fantasy of breaking even.

Likewise, you have to support a server out of the love of the game, not perks. It is illegal to provide game changing perks like fly, etc. Microsoft has been very clear on this. The day will come, when MS swings their ban-hammer. A lot has changed since LAB 1.0 in terms of the MS EULA. Glad to see LAB back!
[Staff] ISHx4xPresident
Staff

Dec 2015
Exclamation 
(02-03-2016, 05:17 AM)Myran Wrote: I payed for a lifetime rank, I wont pay again for another **** rank. If you dont want to host the server without making profit send all the files to someone who doesnt care if he makes money or not and let him host the server...

Allow me to put this to rest...

First, we have standards here. Please be patient an respectful in how you conduct yourselves on any of the LaB services. We became the server that we are because we have these standards and adhere to them.

Secondly, there are many aspects as to why it is impossible to just hand over server files and host them freely at this point. 

1. There are active paid services in place that require income to continue. Some of these services (ie. Domain continuity, network support, ISP cost...) are necessary to bring to you (the player) LaB and any additional services, present and future.

2. A huge portion is customized, closed source and/or copyright protected information. To hand over the server would violate civil an legal rights of the original authors and their work.

3. This server is what it because of you, yes. But it is provided to you, completely free of charge if you choose to not subscribe to a membership. The changes that have been made were done so out of necessity and not greed. The terms, that all who purchased anything from the past server agreed to, clearly stated that any and all purchases made may be discontinued at any time without notice or until the server had run its course. *LaB services were never intended to exist again.* EVER. It was brought back purely out of demand and I feel, personally, that Brodie would have caught less flack if he'd never brought these services back at all. 

I fully understand the frustration. I paid good deal of money in to the server myself. But I'm more so grateful to see it live again than I care about a small cost to keep it going. 

3. From personal experience, it never costs nothing. Even hosting a server myself, I had to invest money and time into something I'd never see a return on because I did it as a hobby. Brodie does this because *we* want these services that he is able to provide. I feel that deserves a huge thank you as he doesn't have to invest anything but still does even though he's losing money at this point. Neither he or the server makes money off of free grandfathered memberships. 

It literally boils down to this: 

Server is back. Server was never intended to be. Money put in was lost regardless. If you still can't be happy to have it back, don't pay and still enjoy the things that even the free rank has to offer over vanilla gameplay. 

It's as simple as that.
[Admin]ISHx4xPresident