Welcome to LiveAndBuild.Net 2.0!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hear crickets chirping...
[Staff] ISHx4xPresident
Staff

Dec 2015
Where did everyone go?! 

I know I haven't been on much but every time I open MC I always see 0/25 and, even leaving chat open for 20-30 mins, no one joins. 

This needs to change! LaB is, in my opinion, the greatest survival multiplayer experience around and I'd hate to see it go away again, this time due to inactivity.
[Admin]ISHx4xPresident
Michielfx
User

Dec 2015
First of all I just want to say that even though Brodie might be busy, people spent actual money on memberships for this server. Then the least you could expect is a great experience that isn't buggy or glitchy.

The server got updated to Minecraft 1.9 relatively fast, but was left in an extremely buggy state, in which it has been for over 3 weeks now. I made a post about the collision masks being glitched out on slabs and doors, and many more blocks and I notified that one of the main plugins on this server, McMMO was fixed if it were to be combined with the newest version of Craftbukkit/Spigot. But after I had posted that, and checked the forums every single day, I noticed that Brodie hadn't even looked at the forums for over two weeks.

I don't know the details about what Brodie is busy with, and how busy he is. But you'd think that anyone would have the time to fix the server, which shouldn't take more than 15 minutes at most, so people, some of which who paid for a membership can have an enjoyable and unproblematic experience.

This has been quite of a rant, I don't know about others, but what I have described now has annoyed me a lot, and made me leave the server after holding on and still playing on the server after the majority had already left.

Finally, I want to clarify two things, I love the community and I will return if they do. But the least I'd expect is a post, preferably by Brodie, explaining why he doesn't have the time to fix the server or at least make a post about it. Secondly, I don't want to offend Brodie if you/he truly had reasons why he wasn't able to react, in that case, I'm sorry.
Rockethub
User

Dec 2015
As stated many times before, Michiel is right. Anyway, here goes a long rant. MANY people have paid A LOT of $ for ranks, and they have basically lost them.  I would GLADLY come back to a LIVE community (not a DEAD one) IF 1. Brodie would make our ranks perm 2. If Brodie would fix the server, which as Michiel said, doesn’t take that long. Many, many, many 1.0 players have stated they would like they’re ranks they paid for  to be perm in 2.0 as it said it would be when they bought them. IF there is a COMMUNITY, then there are owners/staff. If there is NO community, there is no need for owners/staff/server because there is no-one on/playing. I’m not sure if Brodie is too busy with IRL things to get on, but I was hoping that he could AT LEAST do something during Easter even if it WAS 5-15 minutes. I love the server as well, but I really get bored playing when it’s not working properly. When I first joined (in 1/29/14) it was my first time playing MC multiplayer. I was EXTREMELY pleased with what I saw.  The server was very good at the time. It remained that way for a year. I think it started going SLIGHTLY downhill when Maintman77 was forced to remove the village. Later, some people made a server and stole some people from the server. That REALLY made it go downhill. Afterwards when 1.8 came out there was a bukkit problem etc. When the server came back everyone was happy. We thought Brodie would have time for the server and it would be great once more. However, it turned out not to be. Because Brodie made it so that after 6 months we would have to buy ranks again, most of the community started to complain. They quickly left, (again) and that brings us to today. The server is no longer a democracy (if it ever was) but a highly INACTIVE dictatorship that is going against the will of a massive part of the community that was left when Live and Build died.  If the ranks are fixed the community will likely come back, if that happens new players will likely join, and buy ranks. When I started Minecraft I knew this was one of the best servers. Now, all Brodie needs to do is fix these rank things and the server in general to “make Live and Build great again.” This is an urgent plea to Brodie to fix the server and ranks and to the staff to show him this MASSIVE problem and the fix for it.
Thanks,
~Rocket [Image: smile.png]
[Image: eJwL8XBVCMpPzk4t4fLJLEtVSMxLUXAqzcxJUQgu...BZHxoT.png]
[Owner] TheStriker095
Admin

Dec 2015
Concerns are being herd, and not overlooked. I have been very busy with work for the past several months, I will do my best to set time time aside to get the server in a stable, enjoyable state!

As usual, I appreciate everyone's loyalty and patience.
[Owner] TheStriker095
Admin

Dec 2015
I will update everyone again soon here Smile
Rockethub
User

Dec 2015
Alright, thank you for replying, sorry for not being able to get back to you till today. Also, are you hosting the Live and Build minecraft server on your computer?
~Rocket
[Image: eJwL8XBVCMpPzk4t4fLJLEtVSMxLUXAqzcxJUQgu...BZHxoT.png]
[Owner] TheStriker095
Admin

Dec 2015
(04-10-2016, 12:51 PM)Rockethub Wrote: Alright, thank you for replying, sorry for not being able to get back to you till today. Also, are you hosting the Live and Build minecraft server on your computer?
~Rocket

The server is running off of a local machine, however not my personal computer. Why do you ask?
[Owner] TheStriker095
Admin

Dec 2015
Update #1

mcMMO has been added back! Using contributions from our awesome community I was able to purchase the premium version to ensure we always have a stable version. I will continue to fix things up over the next week or so (I will be focusing on fixing chat formatting and backend things, however I will also try to get other plugins back aswel) Smile I hope to see more people online!

Edit: Also some of you may have noticed that the membership link at the top of the forums is broken (what isint broken around here...) I will also have this fixed soon! However in the meantime if you would like to purchase a membership to not only help out the server by providing funds that are 100% used toward further improvement of the server (purchasing plugins, hiring developers, and potentially hiring someone to keep the server running smoothly as my schedule is very busy) while getting some pretty sweet features and permissions here is the link: http://assets.liveandbuild.net/page/store/
Michielfx
User

Dec 2015
That's great to hear! Thanks for taking the time. Smile
[Owner] TheStriker095
Admin

Dec 2015
You can now walk through doorways and over half slabs! Big Grin